Basic Photo Editing | 4 Week Course | Ages 19+
FREE 4 Week Online Course as part of the Explore Creativity in Halton Project.
These sessions have been designed to enable you to develop both creative and technological photo editing skills. You will also learn about possible pathways into creative careers and get inspiration for other future endeavours.
The range of activities on offer includes things like:
- Fundamental digital photo editing processes.
- Basic image manipulation techniques.
- Using layers in digital photo editing.
- Blending methods.
- Masking tools.
- Creating individually edited digital photo portraits using a combination of the activities outlined from above.
This short course is delivered over 4 weekly, 2-hour sessions which will be held online (via Zoom). All of the sessions are delivered to small class sizes (maximum 10) and are delivered by two tutors with industry experience.
As an incentive to taking part in the course, participants will receive a £10 Amazon voucher if they successfully complete the 4-week programme.
Who is it for?
We are looking for people who fulfil the following criteria:
- Aged 19 and over
- A resident of Halton Borough
Due to the amount of digital technology, we will be using, you will need to have some basic IT skills. These sessions are perfect for anyone who is interested in Creative and Digital Technology, but doesn’t know where to start, or, has very little experience in them and is keen to know more.
These courses will be completed online. We use Zoom video conference to deliver the sessions, this allows you to see the tutor and speak to them directly from your home (or anywhere you have internet access). We use Google Classrooms to enable you to access course documents and submit work for tutor review.
4 x weekly 2 hour online sessions.
- Monday 18th Jan 2021 at 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Monday 25th Jan 2021 at 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Monday 1st Feb 2021 at 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Monday 8th Feb 2021 at 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Things you will need
Due to the sessions being of a digital nature you will need:
- A device connected to the internet, with the Zoom application downloaded. (smartphone, tablet or computer)
- Another device (a computer) connected to the internet.
- A google account. If you don’t currently have a Google account, you can create one (for free) before the start of the first session using this link.
If you would like to take part in this project but do not have access to the necessary equipment, please let us know as we may be able to assist with providing equipment for you to borrow.
This course is completely FREE of charge. It’s part of the Explore Creativity in Halton project which (thanks to Thomas Wall Trust) provides free training opportunities for Digital Arts & Technology skills for unemployed adults 19+ who live in Halton
If this project sounds right for you, then apply today!